Previously on Just Talking, Cherise Shockley and I planned to revisit the Insulin Access Workshop hosted by Eli Lilly and discuss the data that fuels much of the conversation around insulin pricing. Then, Eli Lilly raised the price of their insulin 7.8%, a month after hosting a conversation with diabetes advocates about insulin pricing. In the aftermath of these events, Cherise participates in some therapeutic processing of what happened, and what diabetes advocates can do moving forward.
Here’s some reading material if you want to catch up on the reaction to Eli Lilly’s price increase:
- The price increase was first reported on CNBC.
- Here’s Mike Lawson’s response.
- And here’s Meri Schuhmacher-Jackson’s emotional response.
- Here’s DiabetesMine’s Mike Hoskins following up with Eli Lilly.
- The National Diabetes Volunteer Leadership Council has a lot of data to share on the subject.
Run Time – 56:45
Send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.